Application Deadline: October 23-27, 2017
- October 23, 2017 – Geosciences; Life Sciences
- October 24, 2017 – Computer and Information Science; Engineering; Materials Research
- October 26, 2017 – Psychology; Social Sciences; STEM Education and Learning
- October 27, 2017 – Chemistry; Mathematical Sciences; Physics and Astronomy
The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) helps ensure the vitality of the human resource base of science and engineering in the United States and reinforces its diversity. The program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines who are pursuing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees at accredited United States institutions.
Fellows share in the prestige and opportunities that become available when they are selected. Fellows benefit from a three-year annual stipend of $34,000 along with a $12,000 cost of education allowance for tuition and fees (at UW, the remainder is covered by the Graduate School), opportunities for international research and professional development, and the freedom to conduct their own research at any accredited U.S. institution of graduate education they choose.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a US citizen, US national, or permanent resident
- intend to pursue a research-based Master’s or Ph.D. program in an NSF-supported field
- be enrolled in an eligible program at an accredited United States graduate institution, with a US campus, by the fall after the application is submitted
- have completed no more than 12 months of full-time graduate study (or the equivalent) by August 1 of the year the application is submitted, or meet the criteria for the extenuating circumstance described in Section IV of the Program Solicitation.
- meet all other eligibility requirements as set forth in the current Program Solicitation
For complete information about this opportunity, including how to apply, click here. UW’s Office of Fellowships & Awards provides further information about this award here, and offers application advising and application support for this opportunity.