Application Deadline: December 30, 2017
The Blakemore Freeman Fellowships fund an academic year of advanced language study abroad of Chinese, Japanese, Korean and selected Southeast Asian languages. Since 1990, the Foundation has awarded over $14 million in language grants to individuals using an East or Southeast Asian language in their careers. The fellowships cover tuition and a stipend for related educational expenses, basic living costs and transportation.
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be pursuing a professional, business, technical or academic career that involves the regular use of a modern East or Southeast Asian language.
- By the start of the grant, have a college undergraduate degree.
- Be at or near an advanced level in the language. The minimum requirement is three years of study of the language at the college level, either through classes taken in university or in combination with study-abroad language programs
- Be able to devote oneself exclusively to full-time intensive language study during the term of the grant. Grants are not made for part-time study or research.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
For complete information about this opportunity, including how to apply, click here.