Application Deadline: October 30, 2017
The ITHS TL1 Program is a one-year mentored research training program in translational science for predoctoral students. This program creates a cross-disciplinary community of emerging researchers and provides them with specific training, career development opportunities, and team science skills to help them function effectively within translational science teams.
The ITHS TL1 Program supports trainees on their path to becoming successful translational investigators with the following:
- Research and study opportunities: The program provides career development through seminars, mentored training from experienced clinical researchers, experiential learning, and networking opportunities.
- Stipend: Trainees receive monthly predoctoral stipends, which are uniformly set for all trainees by the National Institute of Health.
- Tuition: The TL1 Program will pay 60 percent of full-time tuition (up to $16,000/year).
The TL1 Program is open to students enrolled in predoctoral programs within the University of Washington. These include Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, and Social Work, as well as health-related programs in the College of Engineering and College of Arts and Sciences.
To be considered eligible for the TL1 Program, applicants must be:
- Pre-doctoral trainees training at a post-baccalaureate level and enrolled in a program leading to a PhD in a health science research-related doctoral degree program, or a combined doctoral level professional degree plus a clinical research-related advanced degree (such as a MD, DDS, DO, DNP, PharmD/MS or MD, DDS, DO, DNP, PharmD/PhD). Students who wish to postpone their professional studies for one year to gain research experience may be appointed to the TL1 Program for that period, provided that all other eligibility criteria are met.
- A U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, with verification documents (individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible).
- Able to commit full-time effort in the program at the time of appointment.
For complete information about this opportunity, including how to apply, click here.