Application deadline: May 6, 2016
The Department of Biology has an outstanding opportunity for a Biology Teaching Assistant – Summer 2016. Biology typically hires several non-Biology TAs every quarter, depending on commitments to Biology graduate students. TAs may be required to lead labs or quiz sections at lower division or upper division levels. Courses are offered in: Introductory Biology; Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Biology; Cell, Molecular and Developmental Biology; Plant Biology; and Physiology.
Attending lectures, teaching sections, grading, and additional course specific requirements of individual instructors.
For further information about possible courses see University course catalog and time schedules.
- Currently registered UW Graduate Student in good standing and eligibility to hold a Graduate Student Assistantship.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Satisfactory grades in one or more upper division courses in the appropriate field.
- Must be able to participate for the entire duration of the course, including final exam grading.
- Must be available to lead labs and sections between 8 am and 7 pm.
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
For complete information about this opportunity, including application details, see UW Hires Req. # 132330.