Application deadline: February 8, 2016
Biology typically hires between one and eight non-Biology TAs every quarter, depending on commitments to Biology graduate students. TAs may be required to lead labs or quiz sections at lower division or upper division levels. Courses are offered in: Introductory Biology; Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Biology; Cell, Molecular and Developmental Biology; Plant Biology; and Physiology.
Responsibilities include: attending lectures, teaching sections, grading, and additional course specific requirements of individual instructors. For further information about possible courses see University course catalog and time schedules.
- Must be a currently registered UW graduate student in good standing and eligible to hold a graduate student assistantship. Students in fee-based programs are not eligible for appointment.
- Availability for entire appointment time frame 3/28/2016 – 6/10/2016
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Satisfactory grades in one or more upper division courses in the appropriate field.
- Must be able to participate for the entire duration of the course.
Fill out form available at: http://www.biology.washington.edu/sites/washington.edu.dept/files/pdf/grad/BioTAapp.pdf, and submit electronically to benlw at uw.edu along with current CV, contact information for 2-3 references and proof of appropriate coursework.
For complete information about this opportunity, see UWHires, Req #: 129229