Application opens Feb. 7!
Applications due March 6!
UW information sessions Feb. 11, 12, 19!
The mission of the Pat Tillman Foundation is to invest in military veterans and their spouses through educational scholarships; building a diverse community of leaders committed to service to others. This is accomplished with the Tillman Military Scholars (TMS) program which purpose is to identify high-impact active or veteran servicemembers and their spouses and invest in their higher education, covering the needs left unpaid for by the GI Bill and other government support. The scholarship funds awarded are just a portion of the TMS experience which also focuses on guiding an engaged community and providing essential resources that empower Scholars to serve and lead in their local communities and ease the transition from military to civilian life.
Since its inception, 290 Tillman Military Scholars representing 34 states and attending 85 institutions nationwide have been awarded over $4.6 million. This year, 75 new Tillman Military Scholars join Current and Network Tillman Military Scholars both online and in‐person at the annual Pat Tillman Leadership Summit and subsequent regional gatherings throughout the U.S., as well as at Pat’s Run each April.
The Tillman Military Scholars application will open on Friday, Feb. 7, 2014. The deadline for applications is March 6, 2014.
UW information sessions:
- Tuesday, Feb. 11, 12:30-1:20pm, online webinar – reserve your seat for this online session at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/847168214
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, 3:30-4:20pm, in-person session, MGH 171 – RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/339
- Wednesday, Feb. 19, 4:30-5:20pm, online webinar – reserve your seat for this online session at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/845462782
- Veteran and active duty military servicemembers
- Of both pre- and post-9/11 service
- From all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, including service in the National Guard and Reserve
- Spouses of active or veteran servicemembers
- Including surviving spouses
- Servicemember or spouse seeking assistance to pursue an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree as a full-time student at a public or private, 4-year U.S.-based accredited institution
Applicants will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Educational and career ambitions
- Record of military service (or service as a spouse); motivation for serving
- Record of personal achievement
- Demonstration of service to others in the community
- Desire to continue to serve others and make a positive impact on your community
- Leadership potential
- Compelling, thoughtful, genuine and thorough essay question responses
Please http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/scholars for complete details and online application beginning Feb. 7.
UW is a TMS University Partner. Information for UW applicants is at http://expd.washington.edu/scholarships/search/search-results.html?page_stub=tillman.
Several UW advisers are available to assist students in applying for the Tillman Scholarship.
UW contacts for application assistance:
UW-Seattle & Tacoma Undergraduate applicants:
Robin Chang, Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards
171 Mary Gates Hall, 206-543-2603
UW-Seattle & Tacoma Graduate applicants:
Marilyn Gray, Graduate School Office of Fellowships & Awards
G-1 Communications, 206-543-7152
Global Initiatives & Merit Scholarships
UW Veterans Services Contacts:
Tim Wold, Director, Veterans Center
520 Schmitz Hall, 206-685-2065
Manager, Veterans Services & Disability Resources for Students
Registrar and Office of Veteran and Military Services
MAT 253E/MAT 206, 253-692-5723
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org