Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2018-2019 school year. As part of the scholarship, current high school seniors who are entering their first year of university in 2018-2019 will be required to attend Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) in the summer of 2018. Current undergraduate or graduate students will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer of 2018.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the US or Canada for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Be pursuing a computer science or computer engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology.
- Exhibit a strong record of academic achievement.
- Be a student from an underrepresented group in computer science (African American, Hispanic, American Indian, Filipino/Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
For complete information about this opportunity, including how to apply, click here.