Application Deadline: February 24, 2017
The Center for Evaluation and Research for STEM Equity (CERSE) at the University of Washington is seeking a graduate research assistant to assist in an ongoing evaluation and research project to assess the Pacific Northwest Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (PNW LSAMP), funded by the National Science Foundation. CERSE conducts research and evaluation on diversity in STEM fields. We are a highly collaborative team committed to increasing the participation of women and underrepresented minorities in STEM education and careers.
- Contribute to high quality data collection, data management, and analysis;
- Manage assigned research and evaluation tasks, which may include coordinating with participating institutions, conducting literature reviews, analyzing data, and writing reports;
- Manage assigned data collection tasks, including querying institutional data from the UW, creating and distributing surveys, compiling data from all participating institutions;
- Work collaboratively with CERSE staff on related projects as needed;
- Maintain organized project files and coordinate with collaborators within and outside of CERSE;
- Excellent data analysis, writing, and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative methodologies to collect and analyze data;
- Experience using computer software to perform statistical analyses and data management (e.g., SPSS, SQL)
- Comfort with a high degree of self-direction;
- Ability to synthesize and integrate information from multiple data sources;
- Experience in effectively communicating research results to a wide variety of audiences;
- Interest in stratification, diversity issues, etc.;
- Currently enrolled graduate student at the University of Washington.
The position is for Spring quarter of 2017 and includes standard GRSA salary, health insurance, and tuition remission. Upon satisfactory review, the position may be extended for additional quarters.
To apply, email a detailed letter of interest and your resume/CV by February 24th to email@example.com (Cara Margherio, PhD, Senior Research Associate, Center for Evaluation and Research for STEM Equity).