Application Deadline: January 30, 2017
The Point Foundation empowers promising lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential – despite the obstacles often put before them – to make a significant impact on society. Point is the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) students of merit. Point promotes change through scholarship funding, mentorship, leadership development, and community service training.
Point Foundation considers many factors when assessing scholarship applicants, including:
- A proven track record of leadership and community involvement
- Strong academic achievement
- Working for the betterment of the LGBTQ community
- Financial need
Eligible applicants also:
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of 2017. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible.
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program. Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible.
- Students studying at community colleges, online programs, or trade schools, are NOT eligible.
For complete information about this opportunity, including how to enroll, click here.