Application Deadline: January 15, 2017
The Andrew W. Mellon Mediterranean Regional Research Fellowship supports Mediterranean-focused research in the humanities and related social sciences in countries bordering the Mediterranean and served by the following American overseas research centers: the American Academy in Rome; the American Center for Oriental Research in Amman; the W.F. Albright Institute of Archaeological Research in Jerusalem; the American Institute for Maghrib Studies, with centers in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria; the American Research Center in Egypt; the American Research Institute in Turkey; the American School of Classical Studies at Athens; the Cyprus American Archaeological Research Institute; and the Palestinian American Research Center.
- Applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Applicants must be a doctoral candidate or scholar who obtained his/her PhD within the last ten years (September 2005 or later).
- Applicants must propose a three- to nine-month humanities or related social science research project.
- Applicants must propose travel that is crucial to the proposed project, to one or more Mediterranean country(ies), at least one of which hosts a participating American overseas research center
- Fellowship awards will not exceed $33,500.
- Funding is not available for research conducted in the United States.
For complete information about this opportunity, including how to apply, click here.