Application Deadline: December 1, 2016
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive $10,000 USD (for students in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for students in Canada) for the 2017-2018 academic year. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat in Mountain View, California in 2017 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of development workshops. Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat. As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a global community of Scholars Program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
For complete information about this opportunity, including how to apply, click here.