Application Deadline: October 25, 2016
International Student Services (ISS) and the Office of Undergraduate Admissions are seeking a graduate student for a two-quarter graduate student service appointment from December 16, 2016 – June 09, 2017. This position offers a valuable, hands-on opportunity to learn about and assist international students through the academic cycle from initial inquiry to graduation.
• Read and evaluate admission applications, considering both academic and personal factors
• Answer a variety of questions about international undergraduate admissions, requirements, orientation programs, registering for classes, housing, student support services, and student life at the UW through email correspondence and other outreach activities
• Assist with data entry and I-20 processing for newly admitted undergraduate international students
• Serve as an international student adviser for undergraduate and graduate students
• Provide excellent student service for callers and drop-ins at the reception desk
• Advise students one-on-one and respond to email and phone requests
• Maintain both paper and electronic student immigration files
• Review benefit applications including program extension, change of status, and employment
• Refer students to appropriate campus resources
• Refer students with complex cases to staff advisers
• Deliver informational workshops to small groups
• Assist departments with basic regulatory information
• Perform project work as requested
• Participate in orientation sessions for new international students
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: 400 hours over 12 pay periods. This is 23 weeks from December 16 – June 9. Approximately 20 hours per week in Winter and Spring Quarters, with one week off in December during the winter quarter break and one week off in March for the spring quarter break.
ELIGIBILITY: Must be formally enrolled in the UW Graduate School for at least 10 credits during Winter & Spring Quarter 2017.
For more information and how to apply, click here.