Application deadlines: October 15, 2016 (also March 15 and July 15, 2017)
In the spirit of AIDS activist, educator, and reality-show trailblazer Pedro Zamora’s work to combat the spread of HIV, AIDS United offers a public policy fellowship in his name. The Pedro Zamora Public Policy Fellowship is an excellent opportunity for both undergraduate and graduate students seeking experience in public policy and government affairs focused on HIV/AIDS issues.
- Assisting in researching a variety of public health and civil rights issues related to HIV prevention, treatment and care
- Attending Congressional hearings and coalition meetings
- Monitoring voting records
- Reviewing the federal register and Congressional Record
- Preparation of briefing materials, correspondence, and mailings
Both graduate and undergraduate students are welcome to apply. Fellows must commit to working a minimum of 30 hours per week for 8 weeks. The maximum period is 26 weeks. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or have secured the necessary visa for authorized work in the U.S. prior to application.
The fellowship includes a living stipend and is highly competitive. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring, and summer terms.
For complete information about this opportunity, see: