Application Deadline: August 12, 2016
The University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA) Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) awards scholarships to deserving University of Washington students who need financial assistance to assist with their progress toward a degree at the UW. Funding for these scholarships comes from contribution from UW alumni and friends as well as proceeds from the Bridging the Gap Breakfast held annually on Homecoming Saturday.
One of MAP’s missions is to promote the UW and the UWAA. It supports the recruitment of diverse students, faculty and staff and encourages appropriate mentoring activities.
Qualifications for MAP Scholarships:
- Continuing UW student in good standing (@ UW-Seattle, UW-Bothell or UW-Tacoma)
- Full-time student at the University of Washington, undergraduate or graduate/professional
- Minimum one quarter at the UW
- Financial aid need as determined by the UW Office of Student Financial Aid
Completing the on-line application process includes two steps:
Step 1: Complete UWAA MAP scholarship application questionnaire at https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/jflowers/306342 (after submission you will receive a confirmation code and instructions for Step 2)
Step 2: Upload three scholarship supporting documents at https://catalyst.uw.edu/collectit/dropbox/jflowers/38474
- One reference letter from faculty member, adviser, academic personnel, or community leader (signed reference letter must be scanned and uploaded by the applicant)
- A one-page typed narrative describing the applicant’s personal background, academic and career goals, financial need, commitment to diversity, and the applicant’s involvement with campus and/or community organizations
- Copy of UW transcript (unofficial transcript acceptable)
Scholarship recipients must be available to attend MAP Bridging the Gap Breakfast on Saturday, October 22, 2016. The Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) strives to maintain a close relationship with its scholarship recipients. Support of a diverse student body is at the heart of MAP’s mission. Students are our future alumni; thus, MAP aims to support students and encourages your involvement in our programs.