Application deadline: August 1, 2016
The Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation will offer five Education Support Awards of up to $5000 each to assist low-income women with children who are pursuing education or training. Awardees will be selected based on 1) financial need; 2) personal circumstance; 3) educational path; 4) vocational or occupational goals; and 5) service or activist or civic goals.
Education Support Awards are disbursed in two separate installments over the academic year (one each semester), and may be used for direct school expenses or for living expenses while you are enrolled in an educational program.
- must be a woman, at least 17 years of age
- must be a mother, with minor children
- must be pursuing a vocational degree/certificate; or an associate’s degree; or a first bachelor’s degree; or a professional/master’s/doctoral degree..
- must be enrolled in a not-for-profit, accredited institution or program during the 2016-2016 academic year.
- must be low-income (annual family income less than $20,000 for a family of 2; less than $24,000 for a family of 3; less than $28,000 for a family of 4)
For complete information about this opportunity, see: http://www.patsyminkfoundation.org/edsupport.html