Application deadline: May 2, 2016
There are currently 4 open Teaching Assistant positions in the American Ethnic Studies program. These positions are available for the full academic year of 2016-2017.
Graduate TA duties and responsibilities may include the following (specific duties and responsibilities will be provided by course instructor):
- Attend lectures
- Conduct quiz section meetings
- Facilitate discussions
- Prepare review materials for quiz sections
- Hold extra review sessions for exams
- Hold regular office hours
- Tutor students
- Develop and maintain electronic bulletin boards, discussion sites, etc.
- Grade assignments
- Proctor exams
- Score exams
- Maintain grading records
- Maintain course attendance records
- Calculate quarter grades
- Attend instructor/TA meetings
- Act as liaison/mediator between student and professor
- Present lectures when necessary
- Prepare handout materials
Currently enrolled social science or humanities graduate student with knowledge and experience in Ethnic Studies or cultural diversity. Priority will be given to graduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences.
Knowledge in African American Studies, Asian American Studies and Chicano Studies.
Conditions of Employment:
Must be UW graduate student enrolled in classes for academic year 2016-2017.
For complete information about this opportunity, including application instructions, see UW Hires Req. #131507