Application deadline: April 28, 2016 (see ECC website to confirm date)
In support of the University of Washington goals, the Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center (ECC) promotes an inclusive and educational environment by providing programs and services which enhance the communication and exchange of multicultural perspectives and values. The Ethnic Cultural Center provides programs and a learning environment where students and student organizations collaborate, develop, and implement programs while building leadership and organizational skills.
The general objectives of the Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center S tudent Development Coordinator is to immerse themselves in the organizational culture and structural operations of the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity (OMA&D) Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center to help them expand professional experiences, and to develop professional contacts and competencies in Minority Affairs Administration and Student Affairs. This position is responsible for assisting the Kelly ECC Leadership Team with high quality work pertaining to programming, advising, and administrative tasks.
- Assist the Leadership Team in advising student organizations (cohort of 15 RSOs.) on matters of university policy, event planning, and other matters pertaining.
- Provides counseling in the planning and implementation of Registered Student Organization programs and events
- Assist in the affiliation, registration and orientation process of Kelly ECC student organizations
- Hold advisor office hours on a weekly basis
- Attend student organization meetings, events and programs
- Serves as an advocate and liaison for students; advises students about other campus resources and services
- Assist in development and coordination of Fall Quarter O MA&D Mentor Power for Success Program
- Coordinator all aspects of the Kelly ECC Student Resource Center
- Assist the Leadership Team in planning, designing, and implementation of Kelly E CC Signature Events: First Year Retreat, Diversity Leadership Conference, and End of the Year Gala Celebration
- Assist in the development and coordination of programming as it relates to Education on Social Justice and Faculty engagement.
- Participate in the facilitation of Kelly ECC Leadership workshops as needed
Participate in the promotion of the Kelly ECC by providing tours and helping to maintain facility integrity as well as participate in presentations at campus wide events
- Act as liaison for the Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center and the nonUW community including collaborations with other university entities
- Hold office hours to maintain regular contact with student organizations, ECC staff and OMA&D
- Required attendance to all ECC staff meetings, trainings and orientations
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Meet with your supervisor weekly to provide updates on progress of projects andprograms.
- Adhere to mission of the ECC, OMA&D and the University
- Provide general ECC front desk office coverage when needed
- All other duties as assigned by Director or Director’s designee
Graduate Student Assistant should, minimally, have the following qualifications:
- Active matriculation in a UW graduate program
- Experience working as part of a team on the planning and implementation of events and programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of minority and/or economically disadvantaged college students.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent response time and accuracy in task assigned.
- Superior writing skills.
- Superior office skills.
For complete information about this opportunity, including application details, see: http://depts.washington.edu/ecc/contact-us/ecc-jobs/