Application deadline: April 10, 2016
The mission of the Campus Sustainability Fund (CSF) is to create a sustainable campus and foster an environmentally conscious culture by funding student-led projects from a portion of student fees to lessen the university’s environmental impact. The CSF is currently seeking a student to serve as the primary staff point of oversight and management for all aspects of the organization.
The CSF Coordinator will be a team player as well as a self-starter, with excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff. Other important characteristics for a coordinator include strong project management skills; attention to detail; ability to prioritize; flexibility and resilience; creative problem solving skills; ability to gain consensus; ability to manage sensitive situations; superior verbal and written communication skills; and proficiency and comfort presenting to both small and large groups of people.
Start Date: early-June 2016
Hours/Times: 19.5 hours/week, workdays & times flexible
Duration: through June 2017, continuation into future years possible if student status is maintained
Compensation: GSA Package (Tuition Waiver, Health Insurance, Stipend*) *estimated at approx. $2000/mo before taxes
- Bachelors degree in a related field and currently matriculated in a UW graduate program (or planned for Fall 2016)
- Approximately 2+ years work experience in related positions or with related functions
- Interest in and knowledge of sustainability issues both on and off campus
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and ownership; high energy and results oriented
- Team player, flexible and open to new ideas and continual improvement or change
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, analysis, project management, and financial reporting/budgeting skills.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge and experience with operational and financial planning
- Previous program and/or staff management experience
- Knowledge of UW budget and accounting systems
- Experience with basic web editing features and HTML
- Experience with information visualization and/or graphic design
- Lead the solicitation and vetting of project proposals from UW students, faculty and staff.
- Support & organize the CSF Committee
- Track and report on active CSF projects
- Oversee multiple budgets (both internal and external)
- Guide strategic initiatives
- Pursue and secure auxiliary revenue streams
- Maintain strong relationships with the CSFs myriad of campus partners
- Manage up to 3 part time staff and 3-6 regular volunteers at any given time
- Continue to raise the visibility and profile of the CSF throughout UW.
Please visit HuskyJobs (http://careers.washington.edu/HuskyJobs), search for position 100934 and submit a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience and interest in the position. Questions about the position can be directed to csfcoord at uw dot edu.