Nomination deadline: April 1, 2016
The Graduate School Presidential Dissertation award is intended to assist Ph.D. candidates in the final stages of writing and completing their dissertations.
The 2016-17 Dissertation Fellowship is a one-quarter award established with support of the University President.
- The student must have passed the General Examination and attained candidate status by the time of nomination and
- The student must have demonstrated progress on the dissertation which indicates completion by the end of Summer Quarter 2017 or sooner.
- The student must be in a tuition-based program; students in fee-based programs are not eligible.
- The student may not have received another dissertation award from the Graduate School (e.g., Gatzert, GO-MAP)
- Students in fee-based programs are not eligible
- The award provide a stipend equivalent to the stipend of a standard Predoc TA II (currently $2,378 month), GAIP insurance, and UW state tuition and fees (excluding U-PASS and International Student Fee) up to 18 credits.
Departments can nominate no more than two students. Eligible programs include those in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and social professions.
For complete information about this opportunity, including a list of eligible programs, see: http://grad.washington.edu/students/fa/dissertation/index.shtml