Application deadline: January 31, 2016
The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy provides grants to doctoral students based on the following objectives:
- To support scholars from the social sciences in the early stages of their career through small grants
- To promote projects which have social policy application
- To encourage research that addresses contemporary issues within the social sciences
- Awards are based solely on merit, not to ensure a representative base of recipients or disciplines.
Grants are only open to current PhD candidates whose project has received approval from their department head/university.
- Grants are not available to applicants who already hold a doctorate
- Applicants are not required to be citizens or residents of the United States
- Applicants must have their prospectus or project approved at the time of applying
$7500 per grant—$5000 initially and an additional $2500 upon completion of the project. Grants are non-renewable.
For complete information about this opportunity, see: http://www.horowitz-foundation.org/grant-info/