Application deadline: January 30, 2016
The Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) Multi-Country Research Fellowship supports advanced regional or trans-regional research in the humanities, social sciences, or allied natural sciences for U.S. doctoral candidates, and postdoctoral scholars. Preference will be given to candidates examining comparative and/or cross-regional research. Applicants are eligible to apply as individuals or in teams. Scholars must carry out research in two or more countries outside the United States, at least one of which hosts a participating American overseas research center.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Ph.D. candidates must be ABD (all but dissertation) by May 2016.
- It is not required that you be affiliated with a U.S. academic institution to apply. As long as you are a Ph.D. candidate at an accredited university, or have already earned your Ph.D., you are eligible for the fellowships.
- Group projects are admissible and will be evaluated as a single application. Groups should submit one (1) application for the group project and Curriculum Vitae for each member of the group. Two (2) letters of recommendation are required for the group. If awarded, a single grant of $10,500 will be issued to the group.
- Fellowship awards will not exceed $10,500.
- Funding is not available for research conducted in the United States.
- Travel is currently restricted by the U.S. Department of State to the following AORC countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan (for junior scholars), and Yemen. CAORC abides by all State Department travel restrictions. For more information on restricted travel please be sure to visit: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings.html.
For complete information about this opportunity, see: http://www.caorc.org/#!faq/cglq