Application deadline: December 28, 2015
Notification deadline: December 31, 2015
Start date: January 1, 2016
The Childcare Quality and Early Learning Center for Research and Professional Development is a research center of the College of Education. Largely funded by the Department of Early Learning, CQEL collects data on childcare quality throughout the state of Washington. Currently, CQEL is conducting an evaluation of the Early Achiever’s Quality Standards.
CQEL seeks an RA to work as part of the evaluation team to complete statistical analysis and assist with report writing related to child care quality and early learning.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties include conducting statistical analysis on nested data sets.
- Imputing missing data where needed.
- Conducting factor analyses on newly developed measures.
- Conducting quantitative analyses and assisting in report writing.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical analyses, specifically HLM. Expertise in factor analysis is desirable.
- Must be a UW graduate student enrolled in 10 credits per quarter of employment.
In general preference will be given to applicants in each category who exhibit the following qualifications, as evidenced in their letter of application, transcripts of past coursework and prior work experiences.
- Education: Doctoral student
- Work Experience: The position requires experience working with large quantitative data sets.
- Other preferred attributes to be assessed during the application/ interview process include: Reliable and a good team player
Specific Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Expertise in HLM techniques
This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/jobs/apl/union-info.html
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to Dr. Gail Joseph at gjoseph @ uw.edu. Review of applications will begin upon receipt and the position will remain open until filled.