Application deadline: January 15, 2016
The Andrew W. Mellon Mediterranean Regional Research Fellowship supports Mediterranean-focused research in the humanities and related social sciences in countries bordering the Mediterranean and served by the following American overseas research centers: the American Academy in Rome; the American Center for Oriental Research in Amman; the W.F. Albright Institute of Archaeological Research in Jerusalem; the American Institute for Maghrib Studies, with centers in Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria; the American Research Center in Egypt; the American Research Institute in Turkey; the American School of Classical Studies at Athens; the Cyprus American Archaeological Research Institute; the Palestinian American Research Center; and the American Research Center in Sofia.
- Applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Applicants must be a doctoral candidate or scholar who obtained his/her PhD within the last ten years (September 2005 or later).
- Ph.D. candidates must be ABD (all but dissertation) by May 2016.
- Applicants must propose a three- to nine-month humanities or related social science research project.
- Applicants must propose travel that is crucial to the proposed project, to one or more Mediterranean country(ies), at least one of which hosts a participating American overseas research center
- Fellowship awards will not exceed $33,500.
- Funding is not available for research conducted in the United States.
Notification of fellowship status will be made available to each applicant via email by the end of April, 2016. Fellows are advised that it can take up to six months to obtain the necessary research clearance and should plan accordingly.
For complete information about this opportunity, see: http://www.caorc.org/#!faq/cglq