Application deadline: January 15, 2016
Sigma Delta Epsilon/Graduate Women in Science is offering a National Fellowships Program to help increase knowledge in the fundamental sciences and to encourage research careers in the sciences by women.
- Awards will be made to women holding a degree from a recognized institution of higher learning, of outstanding ability and promise in research, who are performing hypothesis-driven research at any institution in the U.S. or abroad.
- Career level (e.g. graduate student vs. assistant professor) of the candidate will be taken into consideration when reviewing the proposals.
- Awards will be made irrespective of race, religion, nationality, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
- All women scientists that are conducting research in the natural sciences regardless of nationality are eligible for application for any of the SDE/GWIS Fellowships.
- The period of the award shall be one academic year (July 1st to June 30th). Recipients are not eligible for awards in subsequent years, though they may submit applications that include a significantly different proposal/project than the one for which they received a GWIS Fellowship award previously.
- Fellowships funds may be used for such things as expendable supplies, small equipment to be used by the recipient (not for general use), publication of research findings, travel and subsistence while performing field studies, or travel to another laboratory for collaborative research. These costs must be clearly justified in the proposal and integral to the research design. Funds cannot be used for the following: tuition, child care, travel to professional meetings or to begin a new appointment, travel to another institution for coursework, living allowances or equipment of general use.
- A maximum of $10,000 may be requested
For complete information about this opportunity, see: http://www.gwis.org/?page=fellowship_program