Application deadline: January 4, 2016
The Southeast Asia Center is pleased to announce the 2016 Gething Award for Southeast Asian Studies Graduate Student Travel. These awards, made possible by a generous gift from Tom and Mary Kay Gething, provide travel funds for graduate students who will either be presenting Southeast Asia-related papers at academic conferences or who are traveling for graduate research purposes. Awards amounts average $400-$500.
The deadline for applications is January 4, 2016. To apply, please submit the following information either electronically (saravf @ uw.edu) or by mail (Box 353650).
For conference travel:
1) Your paper title and abstract, together with the conference title, date, and location. Please indicate whether your paper has been accepted for presentation.
2) A brief cover letter that includes: your name, address, email address, discipline, level of graduate study and area(s) of research interest.
For research travel:
1) The dates and location(s) of proposed travel
2) A one-page summary of your research plans and goals for the proposed travel
3) A brief cover letter that includes: your name, address, email address, discipline, level of graduate study and area(s) of research interest.