Application deadline: December 14, 2015
The Evans School of Public Policy and Governance is looking for one 20 hour/week Teaching Assistant (TA) for PBAF 517, Economics for Policy Analysis and Management II. The TA will be responsible for assisting with the teaching of a section of PBAF 517.
The specific duties of a TA will vary depending on the section, and will generally include:
- Helping the instructor as needed to support and assess student learning (e.g., classroom support, evaluation/grading).
- Conducting weekly quiz/review sessions on course topics.
- Attending regular class sessions if requested by the instructor.
- Preparing and distributing course materials, including the syllabus, lecture notes, problem sets and non-copyrighted supplemental readings.
- Managing the course website and e-reserves.
- Helping students meet course goals and standards by answering questions and providing assistance with students’ drafts, and writing and analytic skills as needed for each course.
- Holding regular office hours and, for some courses, writing sessions.
- Providing feedback as requested to the instructor on teaching effectiveness and impact.
- Arranging for audio-visual needs for course.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral student, or Master’s-level student who has completed the course (or equivalent) with exemplary performance.
- Must have completed UW Canvas learning management system training prior to start of appointment.
- Effective oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Other skills needed to meet the duties listed above.
Submit letter of application, a transcript showing grades in relevant core or equivalent courses (unofficial is ok) and a resume.
The letter of application should explain why you would like to TA, your qualifications to do so, and for which section(s) you are applying to TA.
Please consult the winter 2016 course schedule for the specific days and times of instruction and quiz sections to avoid conflicts with your own classes.
Apply on or before December 14, 2015.
Candidates will be notified of selection by 12/23.
This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit:
For complete information about this opportunity, see UW Hires Req. # 127559