Application deadline: January 11, 2016
- Wed. Nov. 4, 2015; 10:30 am – 12 noon; Allen Auditorium (room 181L, Allen Library)
- Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015; 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.; Allen Auditorium (room 181L, Allen Library)
Webinar (Registration required): https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/40042383370648834
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 2015; 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2015; noon – 1:30 pm
Q&A webinar (Registration required): https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/369200980355077890
- Thursdays, Dec. 3, 2015 – Jan 7, 2016; 12:15 -12:45 pm.
The 2016 Bonderman Travel Fellowship application is now available and we encourage you to consider applying. This fellowship offers University of Washington graduate/professional and undergraduate students (from the Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell campuses) an opportunity to engage in independent exploration and travel abroad.
David Bonderman – the donor – wishes to give students an opportunity to experience learning and growth in new and unexpected ways. Bonderman Fellows will undertake international travel on their own for eight months, to six or more countries in two or more major regions of the world. Through solo travel the Fellows will focus on exploration and discovery, learning about the world and themselves in it.
Up to seven graduate and seven undergraduate Bonderman Fellowships will be awarded in spring 2016. Each Fellowship carries a $20,000 award to be used only for extended solo international travel. Fellows may not conduct research, pursue an academic project, or participate in a formal program or organization.
All applicants must be enrolled (“on leave” status is not considered enrolled) and in good standing at the UW during the quarter the application is due and must hold US citizenship or permanent resident status. Additionally:
GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL STUDENTS: All students in graduate or professional degree programs are eligible to apply.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: All undergraduate students with senior credit standing AND who also meet ONE of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- at least a 3.7 cumulative UW GPA by the start of Winter 2016; OR
- participation and good standing in the University Honors Program (Interdisciplinary, Departmental or College Honors) or in UW Tacoma’s Global Honors Program, by the start of Winter 2016. Undergraduates in one of these Honors programs DO NOT need to have 3.7 UW GPA or higher to apply, but simply must be in good standing in their respective programs, whatever that might mean.
To learn more about this extraordinary opportunity, please attend one of the information sessions.
More information about the fellowship, information sessions, and the application can be found at: bonderman.uw.edu