Application deadline: November 13, 2015
The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program seeks to enhance internationalization in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between the people of Japan and those of other nations. The Program aims to enhance foreign language education and promote international exchange at the local level through the fostering of ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth alike.
The objectives of the Program are being achieved by offering JET Program participants the opportunity to serve in local authorities as well as public and private elementary, junior high and senior high schools in Japan.
The Program is implemented by local authorities and contracting organizations of Japan in cooperation with the Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), and the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC).
- The JET Program offers 1-year employment in Japan to 2,400 individuals who will work in teaching and international relations.
- Open only to U.S. citizens.
- Stipends of 3,360,000 yen per year and travel expenses.
- Applicants must be interested in Japan. Must hold at least a BA degree. Or, completed at least a 3-year course of education/teacher-training program for elementary, middle, or high school.
- Must not have lived in Japan for 6 or more years within the last 9 years.
For complete information about this opportunity, including detailed program options, see: http://jetprogramusa.org/