Application deadline: October 15, 2015
The La Unidad Latina Foundation was established in 1999 to serve as an independent, non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to funding educational achievement and civic empowerment in the Latino community.
The objectives of the LUL Foundation are to:
- Award scholarships ranging from $500 to $1000 to scholars pursuing academic excellence in higher education
- Fund community programs and student organizations dedicated to the civic empowerment in the Latino community
Educational scholarships are awarded to scholars ranging from $500 to $1000.
Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to undergraduate four-year college, and graduate students who meet the following criteria and abide by the following requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of a 4.0 GPA scale. Cumulative GPAs below 2.80 do not qualify for a scholarship
- Currently enrolled in an eligible bachelor’s or master’s degree program at an accredited four-year college or university. Eligible Degrees: all Bachelor degrees and Juris Doctor, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration/Policy, Master of Social Work, Master of Education, Master of Divinity and Doctor of Philosophy.
- Completed at least one full-time year of study for undergraduate applicants, and at least one full-time semester of study for graduate applicants.
- Must reside in the United States.
- Official university-issued academic transcript(s) required and included in application. Graduate students are required to submit graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
- Letter of recommendation from university administrator/faculty or community leader demonstrating student leadership and commitment to civic service. (200-350 words)
For complete information about this opportunity, see: https://www.lulf.org/apply/