Application deadline: August 24, 2015 (by 5:00 pm)
Notification deadline: September 7, 2015
Teaching Assistant (TA) Positions in Disability Studies
Department: Disability Studies
Date available: Autumn Quarter 2015
Course: LSJ / CHID / DIS ST 230 Introduction to Disability Studies
Lectures on Mon. & Wed. 10:00-11:20, and quiz sections on Tues. & Thurs.
1. Attending all lectures.
2. Leading quiz sections (format will usually be discussion of readings and lecture materials).
3. Reading all course materials.
4. Holding office hours and responding to email from students.
5. Grading all assignments submitted by the students in your quiz sections and maintaining grading records.
6. Attending regular meetings with the instructor.
7. Optional: prepare and deliver one or two lectures.
Graduate students in any discipline with a background in the academic field of disability studies are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please send a one page description of your experiences in teaching, research, and disability studies, your curriculum vitae, and the name/contact information for a faculty member who knows your background and skills. Applications should be sent to Joanne Woiak at email@example.com by 5pm on August 24, 2015.
Application inquiries may be made with: Joanne Woiak, Disability Studies Program, firstname.lastname@example.org.
These appointments are dependent on final funding allocation.
This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For information: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/jobs/apl/union-info.html
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450 (voice), 206.543.6452 (TTY), or email@example.com.