Application deadline: June 22, 2015
The Evans School has an outstanding opportunity for a Predoctoral Lecturer.
This is a one month, 60% appointment to teach Summer 2015 B term course: PBAF 499B Topics in Public Policy: Intro to Microeconomics which will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:50pm–8:30pm, from 7/23/15 – 8/21/15.
- Creating a syllabus (the Evans School has a previous syllabus as a model).
- Presenting lectures.
- Writing exams and creating assignments.
- Grading all exams and assignments.
- Conducting office hours and otherwise being available to help students individually with the course material.
- Grades will be due on August 25, 2015 at 5pm. Therefore the instructor should expect to work some of the required hours after August 21 and the last day of the course to complete grading and final responsibilities.
- Academic standing as a UW Graduate Student and eligibility to hold a Graduate Student Assistantship, which includes registering for 2 credits during Summer quarter.
- Availability for course timeframe.
- Experience with the topic and as a teaching assistant.
Conditions of Employment :
- Must be a current UW graduate student.
- Must enroll for a minimum of 2 credits during summer quarter.
Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with academic standing, qualifications, and experience. Enrolled students are eligible for tuition waiver and GAIP insurance coverage during summer.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter
The cover letter should include:
- Strengths you would bring to this position;
- Your background and abilities directly related to this specific course;
- Contact information for 2-3 references (name, title, email, phone) familiar with your teaching and/or research abilities.
Hiring decision will be communicated the week of June 29nd.
Application inquiries may be made with:
Associate Dean Robert Plotnick at email@example.com or (206)685-2055.
For complete application information and submission, see UW Hires Req. #121152