Application deadline: March 16, 2015
This position is posted on UW Hires, Req # 117645.
The Evans School is looking for a 50% Research Assistant (RA) to assist Prof. Ann Bostrom for Spring quarter (with the possibility of extension into summer) to help with her Climate Communications project.
Open to UW Graduate Students only. Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with academic standing, qualifications, and experience. This position does include tuition waiver and health benefits for Spring quarter.
The RA will have responsibility to help facilitate this study and specific tasks may include assistance with:
- Survey and interview data analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- Writing and literature reviews as necessary.
- Survey and interview coding,
- Data entry, management (creation of code book(s), design and maintenance of simple databases and data sharing protocols, quality control of data).
- Telephone and in person interviewing.
- Other tasks as required.
- Training in social science research methods, statistical analysis competence at a graduate level (some econometrics or comparable);
- Able to create and manage simple databases; qualitative analysis proficiency or ability/willingness to pick up quickly.
- Understanding of basic policy analysis.
- Writing proficiency.
- Ability to work independently on all aspects of social science research.
- Savvy quantitative research skills.
- Skill in using Excel.
- Programming in Stata (or other statistical program).
- Academic research experience.
- Office skills, research skills, and project management skills.
- Experience with qualitative research methods is preferred.
Condition of Employment
Must be an enrolled graduate student at the UW.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.
How to Apply
Submit resume, transcript (unofficial ok) demonstrating competencies, and brief description of research interests and availability for work.
Application inquiries may be made with: Prof. Ann Bostrom, Evans School of Public Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Decisions and notification to all applicants will be communicated no later than the week of March 23, 2015.