Application deadline: February 11, 2015
50% FTE temporary Spring Quarter 2015 teaching assistant position(s).
Biology typically hires between one and eight non-Biology TAs every quarter, depending on commitments to Biology graduate students. TAs may be required to lead labs or quiz sections at lower division or upper division levels. Courses are offered in: Introductory Biology; Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Biology; Cell, Molecular and Developmental Biology; Plant Biology; and Physiology.
Responsibilities include: attending lectures, teaching sections, grading, and additional course specific requirements of individual instructors. For further information about possible courses see University course catalog and time schedules.
Biology variable TA rate. Health insurance and operating fee waiver for eligible graduate students. Note that students in fee-based program are not eligible for appointment.
How to Apply:
Fill out form available at: http://www.biology.washington.edu/sites/washington.edu.dept/files/pdf/grad/BioTAapp.pdf, and submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org along with current CV, contact information for 2-3 references and proof of appropriate coursework.
Application Deadline: February 11, 2015
Notification date: as soon as possible after position closes
Acceptance date: Within 3 days of offer
• Must be a currently registered UW graduate student in good standing and eligible to hold a graduate student assistantship (students in fee-based programs are not eligible for appointment).
• Must be available for the entire appointment time frame 3/16/2015-6/15/2015.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Satisfactory grades in one or more upper division courses in the appropriate field.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be able to participate for the entire duration of the course.
This position is posted on UW Hires, Req # 116534.
Biology Department website: http://www.biology.washington.edu/