Application deadline: February 3, 2015 (3:00 pm PST)
Up to four scholarships of $4,000 each will be awarded to UW students studying toward a career in aging-related research or provision of services to older adults.
Who is eligible:
- Currently enrolled UW undergraduate, graduate or professional students with a career emphasis on aging, regardless of major
- UW Bothell, Seattle, and Tacoma students are welcome to apply
- International students are welcome to apply
What to submit:
- Application (use the ‘Apply’ link at http://www.washington.edu/uwra/scholarships-fellowships-in-aging/)
- A 2014-2015 FAFSA must be on file in the Student Financial Aid office
UWRA Graduate Fellowship in Aging
Application Deadline: February 6, 2015 (12 noon, PST)
The University of Washington Retirement Association has endowed a fellowship to support graduate students of outstanding academic merit who have a demonstrated academic and personal interest in aging-related issues or concerns.
This fellowship will provide a monthly stipend equivalent to the PDTA 2 level (currently $2,131/month), GAIP health insurance, and a waiver of state-tuition (except for U-PASS fee and international student fee). The fellowship must be used in 2015-16 academic year.
At the time of application, students must be matriculated in a UW graduate degree tuition-based program and not in their last year of study. (Students in fee-based programs are not eligible.) The recipient of the award must be enrolled in full-time credits (at least 10) during the quarter in which he/she takes the fellowship.
Please see http://www.grad.washington.edu/students/fa/uwra/index.shtml for further information. Detailed on that page are also the application requirements and process (statements, letters of recommendation, etc.) as well as criteria for selection.
Questions regarding this opportunity may be directed to The Graduate School, Office of Fellowships and Awards, email@example.com or 206-685-4248.