Application deadline: January 31, 2015
Program dates: June 21-26, 2015, in Darmstadt, Germany
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, will conduct from June 21–26, 2015, the 5th Merck Serono Innovation Cup Summer Camp, an initiative offering a chance for advanced students in life sciences and business administration programs to attend a one-week training program with Merck Serono professionals. This initiative is designed to support the professional development of post-graduate students interested in the pharmaceutical industry and also delivers new innovative approaches covering unmet medical need. The Innovation Cup brings together a promising new generation of talents in a meeting of the minds with senior management, active researchers and accomplished retirees of our biopharmaceuticals division.
30 students will be selected. During a week-long Innovation Summer Camp, participants will work together in small teams in a highly stimulating and competitive environment to:
- learn the essentials about research & development within the pharmaceutical industry
- understand how drugs are successfully discovered, developed and brought to market
- get to know our biopharmaceuticals division and learn about career options
- work as part of a team to generate new ideas in the areas Oncology, Immuno-Oncology, Autoimmune Diseases, Chemo- and Bioengineering, Medical Devices/Electronic Health and Innovations for Emerging Markets
- evaluate the ideas from a technical and business perspective and build a convincing business plan
The jury, consisting of senior managers and external experts, will select the best business plan and present the winning team with the EMD Serono Innovation Cup award and EUR 20,000.
To apply: Apply now for the 2015 Innovation Cup