Application deadline: January 15, 2015
Fifty years ago, President Lyndon B. Johnson established the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships and over the course of nine presidential administrations – four Democrat and five Republican – the nonpartisan White House Fellows program has become the nation’s premier fellowship for public service and leadership. The program’s mission is to expose Fellows to first-hand, high-level experience in the Federal government.
The program consists of a full-time work placement in the offices of Cabinet Secretaries, senior White House staff, and other high-ranking Administration officials. During a year in Washington, DC, Fellows also participate in a robust education program designed to provide a behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of the Federal government. It is an extraordinary year that yields a lifetime of rewards.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Employees of the Federal government are not eligible unless they are career military personnel.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate education and be working in their chosen professions.
- There are no formal age restrictions. However, the Fellowship program was created to give selected Americans the experience of government service early in their careers.
Selection as a White House Fellow is based on a combination of the following criteria:
- A record of remarkable professional achievement early in one’s career.
- Evidence of leadership skills and the potential for further growth.
- A demonstrated commitment to public service.
- The skills to succeed at the highest levels of the Federal government, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
All these qualities combined with the strength of one’s character, a positive attitude, and the ability to work well with others are taken into consideration when selecting a class of White House Fellows.
For more information, see: http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows
Eligibility details and program application are available here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows/application
If you have additional questions about the program, please contact the program office at email@example.com or (202) 395-4522. If you encounter technical difficulties with your application, please contact WHFApplication@opm.gov