ADVANCE Program Assistant
Department: ADVANCE Center for Institutional Change/College of Engineering
Date Available: 1/6/2014
The Graduate Staff Assistant at ADVANCE will assist with various day to day activities including:
- Event coordination, including communication with workshop vendors; creating and printing name tags, agendas, handouts, packets, and other workshop materials as needed
- Organization of ADVANCE budgets in collaboration with the Program Operations Specialist; may include budget and invoice filing, budget data entry, and photocopying
- Organization and maintenance of ADVANCE program files and articles
- Organization and processing of workshop materials for National symposia; may include processing participant applications; monitoring program e-mail inboxes and responding as needed; compiling program binders and event materials; and compiling event evaluation data
- Maintenance of ADVANCE websites, including updates via Dreamweaver and WordPress
- Web research for the ADVANCE Program/Research Manager and Postdoctoral Associate; May require utilizing search engines, researching articles, researching organizations and identifying contacts.
- Data entry through Microsoft Excel
- Maintenance of program bibliographies through EndNote
- Maintenance of ADVANCE e-mail lists
- Other duties as assigned by Program/Research Manager and Program Operations Specialist
- Currently registered UW Graduate Student in good standing and eligibility to hold a Graduate Student Assistantship (must be enrolled in a minimum of 10 credits for winter quarter).
- Candidates should have a genuine interest in the focus of ADVANCE, and enjoy working with diverse groups of people. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize several competing tasks and projects. In addition, candidates must be comfortable with computers, work well as members of teams, communicate effectively with colleagues, exercise good judgment, be open to learning new skills, and meet deadlines.
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except where legal requirements prohibit, such as license/certification/registration.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint strongly preferred; other desired skills include knowledge of HTML 5, WordPress, EndNote, and Google Drive.
Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with academic standing, qualifications, and experience.
How to Apply:
E-mail Alexis Nelson, ADVANCE Program Operations Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and a note of interest. Please include from where you learned of the position.
Application inquiries may be made with:
Alexis Nelson, ADVANCE Program Operations Specialist, at email@example.com or 206.543.4215.
This job classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions.
For more information about union shop provisions, visit:
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Service Office at 206.543.6450 / 206.543.6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org .