Deadline: 05/22/2013 (Note below that review of applications will begin upon receipt and the position will remain open until filled.)
Intercollegiate Athletic Leadership M.Ed. program
Center for Leadership in Athletics
50% FTE, Sum 2013- Spr 2014
Start Date: 06/16/2013
The master’s degree in Intercollegiate Athletics Leadership (IAL M.Ed.) in the University of Washington’s College of Education is the cornerstone academic program of the Center for Leadership in Athletics (CLA). The CLA is rooted in the idea that effective leadership is essential within all roles of an athletics enterprise, and can ensure the positive impact athletics can have on student-athletes and broader society. In the spirit of this idea, the CLA serves to enrich the student-athlete experience through the development of leaders in athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- The Intercollegiate Athletic Leadership Program graduate assistant will focus on research activities related to leadership and development of practices enhancing the educational experiences of student in and through athletics. This position will be 50% FTE for the summer, autumn, winter, and spring quarters and provide direct assistance to the CLA/IAL Faculty and staff.
- Assist in the identification and development of educational resources for IAL faculty and students related to new coaching program curriculum and issues directly related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Coordinate production of multi-media segments and online content for IAL-coaching courses.
Support the update of academic content on the program research websites and other communications.
- Assist with proposals and presentations for research conferences and other audiences attending IAL and CLA events.
Masters degree in Education, Sports Management, Public Affairs or related field, to include one or more years experience in:
- Implementing research initiatives, including demonstration of strong design, evaluation and reporting skills
- Strong research and academic writing skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including the ability to make professional presentations and contribute to professional publications
Additional minimum requirements:
- Coordinating student programs within a school or university
- Knowledge of management and operation of sports organizations and/or educational institutions
- Additional education in Sports Management, Physical Education, or a related area
- Two or more years of teaching, coaching, and/or advising experience in related field
- Experience collaborating with faculty members
- Experience with online education and knowledge of online content development
- Implementing and managing the complex logistics of multi-faceted programs
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and grants
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Sara Lopez, Center for Leadership in Athletics
College of Education
UW Box 353600
Seattle, WA 98195
Review of applications will begin upon receipt and the position will remain open until filled.