Project Appointment: Campus Sustainability Fund Coordinator
Job Title: Graduate Student Assistant
TERM: hourly student appointment for up to 20 hours/week from June 17 to beginning of Fall Quarter 2013; GSA with tuition waiver appointment for 2013/2014 school year. Possibility of continuation for a 2nd year
REPORTING: Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Office, Finance and Facilities.
The Campus Sustainability Fund (CSF) Coordinator is responsible for the prudent management of the CSF Student Activities Fee budget allocation. The individual will be the primary support for the CSF Committee and will manage proposal requests from UW students, faculty and staff. The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the CSF website, manage and track fund proposals, report on projects, and update information about the CSF to campus groups. The CSF Coordinator will have responsibility of managing multiple CSF budgets and creating financial reports. The CSF Coordinator will also manage the CSF Outreach Coordinator.
The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with the Service and Activity Fee Committee and for raising visibility for the Campus Sustainability Fund with campus groups, and other UW leadership teams and committees. The individual will be a team player as well as a self-starter, with excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff. Other important characteristics possessed by the CSF Coordinator include: strong project management skills; attention to detail; ability to prioritize; flexibility and resilience; creative problem solving skills; ability to gain consensus; ability to manage sensitive situations; superior verbal and written communication skills; and proficient and comfortable presenting to small and large groups of people.
The position is integral to maintaining the success of the Campus Sustainability Fund and will work closely with stakeholders in Finance & Facilities, Environmental Stewardship Committee, Student Activities Fee Committee, ASUW, GPSS, students, faculty and staff. This is the fourth year the Campus Sustainability Fund will be operating. The Campus Sustainability Fund will operate under the supervision of the Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability office within Finance & Facilities and will require entrepreneurial skills to improve detailed processes while identifying opportunities. The role requires both analytical skills in financial reporting and creativity to continue the concepts and principles that are written in the Campus Sustainability Fund by-laws and fund proposal.
- Manage all aspects and operations of the Campus Sustainability Fund
- Manage and develop reports for the yearly Service Activities Fee reapplication process to ensure and grow CSF funding levels
- Develop financial reports for the CSF committee, Service Activities Fee Committee, and Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability office
- Work with faculty and administrative staff across multiple departments to oversee project awards
- Collect, organize and dissiminate proposal requests for CSF Committee
- Organize, schedule and create documentation for CSF Committee meetings
- Update processes and procedures for the Campus Sustainability Fund and Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Office, where appropriate
- Maintain project tracking requirements
- Supervise and work closely with CSF Outreach Coordinator to develop marketing and communications collateral
- Work closely with the Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability office and participate in team meetings
- Participate in Finance & Facilities Administration department staff meetings
Supervise .375 Outreach Coordinator, volunteers and other student helpers as need dictates
Bachelors degree in a related field and currently matriculated in a UW graduate program (or planned for Fall 2013)
REQUIRED—MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Approximately 2+ years in related functions
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, analysis, project management and financial reporting skills.
- Excellent skills with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Interest in and knowledge of sustainability/environmental issues both on and off campus
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and ownership; high energy and results oriented
- Team player, flexible and open to new ideas and continual change and improvementDESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:Knowledge and experience with operational and financial planning; previous program management experience; Knowledge of UW budget and accounting systems; Experience with basic web editing features and HTML
Apply through HuskyJobs (job #68155)