Deadline: November 15, 2012
Henry Luce Foundation/ACLS Program in China Studies
- Amount: $5,000
- Tenure: 3-4 months (in 2013) in China in preparation for full time research
1) An applicant must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program at a university in the United States.
2) An applicant must have completed all requirements for a Ph.D. except the dissertation by June 1, 2013.
3) A working knowledge of Chinese is required.
- Notifications will be sent by May 1, 2013.
- Final report required on completion.
Pre-dissertation grants provide funding for doctoral candidates to explore venues and make preliminary research arrangements, and to gain advice from potential collaborators regarding subsequent research in China.
Application essays must provide the rationale for the research agenda as stated in the applicant’s dissertation prospectus, with particular attention to the evidence needed to answer research questions. The essay should present a plan for travel in China, identifying the individuals, institutions, and research sites to be visited. Inclusion of correspondence with potential contacts in China is desirable.
Stipends may be used for costs associated with travel to China for research: air and ground transportation, visas and living expenses.
For more information, and to apply: http://www.acls.org/programs/china-studies/