Deadline: November 9
To provide opportunities for library school students to participate in an ACRL professional development experience and to learn more about current issues and developments in academic and research libraries.
Ten scholarships will be awarded. Each will include complimentary registration (a $100 value), and $600 stipend to attend the ACRL 2013 conference, April 10 – 13, 2013 in Indianapolis, IN. The total value of each scholarship is $700.
Eligibility Criteria – Scholarship applicants must be:
- Enrolled full-time at an ALA-accredited institution (full-time status as defined by your institution)
- Recommended by one of the following: the library school dean, director, advisor or professor
- Obtain a recommendation from their dean/director/advisor/professor in electronic form that can be cut and pasted into the application (not to exceed 300 words).
- Complete the online Library School Student Scholarship Application. The application includes a brief summary of the applicant’s progress towards their degree as well as a description of how attendance at the ACRL conference will support their long-term goals (not to exceed 300 words).
Deadline for Submission
The application deadline is Friday, November 9, 2012 (11:59 p.m. Central).
The award committee consists of members of the ACRL Conference Scholarship Committee. The committee will strive to achieve both diversity and balance among scholarship recipients based on the following factors:
- Responses to open-ended questions on the application form
- Dean/director/advisor/professor recommendation
- Educational experience, background and geographical diversity
In awarding the scholarships, special attention will be given to students from diverse backgrounds. Preference will be given to students who are current members of ALA and ACRL. Preference will also be given to individuals who have not previously been awarded an ACRL scholarship. Individuals may only receive one ACRL scholarship per professional development event.
For a full description, and to apply: http://conference.acrl.org/student-scholarships-pages-254.php