Deadline: June 30 2012 (position will remain open until filled)
*Department of Health Services *
*Graduate Student Teaching Assistant *
* Position Announcement *
*Position Title:* Teaching Assistant
*Supervising Faculty*: Lloyd Mancl
*Class: *Biost 503
*Class Description:* The Executive MPH Program is a partial distance learning program designed for professionals who tackle today’s major health challenges. The format blends online learning with a small number of on-site sessions. The course focuses on standard statistical techniques presented with examples drawn from the health sciences literature. Critical interpretation of research results, and introduction to the computer for data processing and statistical analysis.
*Hours Per week:* 10 (25% FTE)
*Employment Period:* 09-16-2012 to 12-15-2012
*Position Description*: In addition to the position duties listed below, On-site sessions are held at the downtown campus, in Seattle and the TA must be available to attend all of the sessions. Students will be on-site _Oct 5th & 6^th and Nov. 30^th & Dec. 01, 2012_. In addition training in the technology that will be used for the course is required and will take place sometime during the summer quarter. Training will be conducted by eMPH Staff Alex Tu and can be arranged at the convenience of the TA but must be taken before the second week of August 2012.
*Position Duties: *
* hold office hours/lead discussion sections online and/or in person.
(Sessions are likely to take place online in the late afternoon or
* grade homework
* videotape and/or podcast lectures and other various sessions (using
* create and post modules and course materials online (using Moodle)
* lead computer sessions (using Moodle, GoToMeeting, Skype, Camtasia,
* assist instructor with on-site sessions
* learn any unfamiliar course material
* write homework keys
* grade exams
* proctor exams
* Desired qualifications*: Second year Masters degree students or PhD candidates with biostatistics coursework. Prior experience as a TA and familiarity with standard statistical software (e.g., R., SPSS, Stata, or SAS). Some experience as a tutor or TA for mature adults would be helpful.
*To Apply: *Go to URL http://depts.washington.edu/hserv/jobs#Applying and follow the instructions. Email application materials to Susan Lien, email@example.com. Please include the position posting #5493 in your email subject line.
*Deadline*: Deadline June 30, 2012 however, the position will remain open until filled.
*Acceptance:*If offered the position the candidate must accept within one week.
*Notification:*Those candidates not hired will be notified via email